We may receive information about you:
- If you contact us directly, via our website or our customer sales and service teams - through applying for one of our products or services, or to make an enquiry or other request
- From our dealerships, to whom you have given your information
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you
- In relation to driving our demos and/or courtesy vehicles – medical & driving licence info will be required
The information we collect:
- Contact details (Name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, NI Number, Driving Licence Number)
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service and MOT reminder dates, mileage and warranty repair information)
- The date and time you used our services
- Information from our websites
- Details of transactions between you and us
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details.
- Voice recordings of calls you make to us and/or receive from us
- CCTV footage for our own security purposes
- Live Chat records
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
- For personal finance applications, financial information will be required
- If documents are handed over with a part exchange or a vehicle brought into stock from elsewhere, we will keep these documents with the vehicle to help evidence the history of the vehicle. This is a legitimate interest not only for us and any new owner but for the wider market in regard to fraud prevention and safety
We may use your information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Informing you about our products and services
- Identifying other products and services which might be of interest to you
- Providing or manage any information, products or services you have asked for
- Helping us identify you when you contact us
- General administration purposes
- Improving the quality of our products and services
- Helping us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering
- Helping us recover debts
- Carrying out analysis and customer profiling
Informing you about our products and services:
- We may contact you by post, phone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means in line with the consent given when you initially contacted EMG.
- We may also contact you by the media above where we in discussion with you about your current contractual needs or where there is a legitimate reason to do so during the ownership of your vehicle.
- Should you not wish to continue receiving marketing communications from us on products and services please contact us at [email protected]/[email protected] or ALS Autos Suzuki, 23a Main Street, Little Downham, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 2ST or 01353 699302
- You can also click the unsubscribe link on any of our email marketing communications.
- Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone or post using the contact information above. Please note, if you purchase a vehicle from a franchised dealership that is not part of ALS Autos , or otherwise give your information to such a dealership, or to a manufacturer directly, you will have a separate relationship with that organisation in respect of the use of your data and you will need to contact the organisation concerned in relation to any request you may have regarding that organisations use of your data.
- Vehicle sales
- Motor related products and services, including (among other things) vehicle aftersales care, MOTs, vehicle parts, accident repair, finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle rental, vehicle accessories, vehicle warranties and motor insurance
- Personal finance products
The range of products and services offered by ALS Autos or selected business partners include, but is not limited to:
We may share your information for any of the purposes listed above with:
- Our manufacturer franchise partners
- Our carefully chosen business partners
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing agencies and data management firms
- Where consent is necessary to facilitate sharing with other parties, we will ensure this is obtained prior to processing
- We will not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and service that you request from us.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings
- In the process of selling one or more of our businesses, or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you
- For the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide either electronically on our secure servers or physically, with the appropriate security.
Retention of information
- We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. If we have established a relationship with you, we hold your personal information for no longer than 7 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims and for legal compliance. Our relationship may end for several reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period or delete it sooner.
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 7 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all your personal data, we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- Any Data Protection issues, or concerns can be directed to [email protected]
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z5704052
We take reasonable care to comply with requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations and all information collected from our website is via a secure link.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site. For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How to control and delete cookies
List of the main cookies
Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by us while using our web site ASPSESSIONID and ASP.NET_SessionID allow us to recognise your requests from page to page. This allows us to remember your previous selections and choices, navigate back to previous pages etc. These cookies are removed when you close your browser.
AutoChat may be set if we use live chat on our web site. This is a web site analytic cookie.
Google.com provides web site analytics and may set the following cookies __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
Third Party Cookies
We use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. We sometimes embed photos, video, social sharing icons and other content from external websites such as YouTube, Flickr and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from one of these sites you may be presented with cookies from their website. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these. Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by our third parties while using our web site:
Flash Cookies (local shared objects)
From time to time, we may use Adobe's Flash Player to deliver content. To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects - or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known - are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user's terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way. The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain or for all websites - see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications.
Information that is gathered from visitors
Almost all Web servers record users requests made upon them (such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit) in log files.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the vistor's experience when using the website to display personalised content.
Personal data, such as names and email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased, and not kept longer than required to provide the service it was supplied for.
E-mail may be sent to you for the purpose you registered but will not be used for unrelated marketing.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe by replying to any of the email correspondants and simply state you wish to unsubscribe to the service.